SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer Break For Health, And Randomoctiy


 
Enjoying the Jeep top back in sweet summertime...
 
Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day! It's a warm one here, with temps in the low to mid 90's. Summer is here! YES! :D
 
It has been an easy adjustment here, with me not having a job to go to 2 days a week. I have rather enjoyed  the past two weeks of planning out the days, and feeling all domestic as a stay at home wife. :D
 
I was asked at the first if May if I would be interested in working at a local Christian camp this summer. If you have been following me for long, it's the same one I worked at for several years, following high school. After much prayer, I declined the offer.
 
There was a bit of agony in making the choice. I knew they needed the help. And I REALLY don't like to leave others "stranded", when they need assistance. But, I felt like the LORD was leading me to stay at home primarily, and help out at my parents homestead, when needed.
 
Another issue concerned me as well. It seems like the entire school year I was catching a cold every 4-6 weeks. Then there was extreme tiredness, that would not go away. It was starting to scare me. I prayed about going to a doctor to see if there was a reason I was feeling so run down. But, after talking with Justin, and family, I plan on waiting to see a doctor. I feel like I need this summer break to "cleanse" my system from all the germs I was exposed to, from being around children for so long, as well as rest when needed. I need time to try and naturally correct the issues at hand, and then if the problem is still there, see a doctor. 
 
After A LOT of prayer, GOD showed HIS will, and let me know I need to be at home this summer. :)
 
So, I have been exercising regularly, spending time in the sun, and I have even squeezed in some nap time here and there. :P Prayerfully, after some time, the issue will go away on it's own.
 
Oh yes! I thought I would share with you dear readers some snapshots from around our house...
 
 
My flowers are doing wonderfully this year...
 


 

 
Justin's dream is to own some land, and a tractor. And I want to make his dreams come true, but, well, I don't have the money for either. But, I was able to purchase him this little tractor at Hobby Lobby. By the way, he loves it...
 

My little herb garden...
 


 We purchased some new chickens, after our other ones were killed by a dog. They are 3 months old as of today. :D
 

 
The one bantam that did survive the dog attack...
 

 
Ooooo... I got me one good looking man... ;D
 

:D
 

Praise GOD, from whom all blessings flow!

How is your summer going?

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

4 comments :

  1. Angel, I can't remember - is this your first year or second year working at the school? The reason I ask is because I used to work in child care a few years ago, and in terms of health, my first two years there were absolutely hellish. I do not use that adjective lightly. I had a persistent respiratory infection (i.e. coughing, sore throat, fever, exhaustion) for almost my entire first year, including an uninterrupted 2-month stretch of coughing and fatigue between December and early February. Even after spring came, I still had colds every few weeks, just like you, along with the occasional stomach virus and strep throat.

    All that whining, though, is just to say that it's perfectly normal to have low-grade infections for a long time when you first start working regularly with children. Many of my friends studying human sciences and elementary education have experienced the same thing. And once you get through it - especially if you are able to leave it for a while to get your strength back, like you're doing this summer - then your immune system will be much, much stronger than before. I hardly ever get sick now, whereas before working there I was sick pretty much all winter, every winter. So those awful two years made me strong and ready for college!! :-D

    ***

    Sorry about the novel, but I hope it's helpful!! Your flowers are looking beautiful, and I liked the tractor that you bought for Justin. I'm sure it means a lot to him to have a wife who supports his dreams so thoughtfully! :-D

    Hugs to you, dear sister, and I pray that you will be feeling much better very soon!!

    Lots of love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This completed my fourth year of working there. When I first started, I did get sick often, then it stopped about the mid way through the second year. The third I was rarely sick. Just sniffles here and there. But this year I have suffered a fever and flu like symptoms every 4-6 weeks. It's been like clock work. My prayer is that there were just new strains this year, I was not used to. :)

      Thanks for thoughts! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh my, I didn't realize it had been four years!! Time has really been getting away from me lately ... :-P That definitely makes a difference. I will be praying that you regain your strength this summer, and that it was just your body asking for rest and not anything more serious! <3

      Hugs!!
      Vicki

      Delete
  2. What pretty flowers! I usually plant flowers in pots for our porch but decided to forgo them this year due to time and money. But I am missing them!
    I hope you begin to feel better as you spend some time resting and recuperating.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)