SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 20, 2018

Pregnancy Number Two Update: Week 22


 
Well. In case you long time readers did not know, I am pregnant again!
 
And of course we are over the moon excited about adding another little chick to our flock.
 
Because at one point in the past, we were afraid we would not get the opportunity to even be parents once. ("thanks" for the scare ovarian cancer...)
 
But GOD is so good and has been so gracious to us, and we are 22 weeks along in our second pregnancy!
 
So, I think it is about time for an update. Wouldn't you agree? :D

How far along?
22 Weeks
 
Baby is now:
  Almost a pound in weight and nearly a foot long.
 
Total weight gain:
Not sure. I am not keeping as close a check on it this pregnancy. But at the last midwife appointment, it was definitely more than what I had gained with Flynn at this point. But, I was at the exact same number on the scale as I was at this point the first go around. Breastfeeding and being on an elimination diet to help with my sons allergies, put me about 10 pounds below what I consider my normal weight range. So seeing the same number, does make me feel better...
 
Sleep:
I am typically in bed at 10 pm, and I wake up when Flynn does. Typically between 7:30 and 8:30. But I am definitely NOT sleeping that entire time. This baby is LOW. And my bladder seems to be their pillow...
 
Exercise:
 Does chasing an 18 month around the house all day count as exercise? :D Besides that daily activity, there are twice weekly weights, walking around 2 miles 3-4 days a week, and light yoga every other day.
 
Mood:
EVERYWHERE. The emotions seems to be a lot more intense this time around. From sadness to anger to elation, I seem to be as changeable as the ocean...

 
 
Cravings:
 Chicken. I can eat anything chicken, all day long. And eggs. And salt and vinegar chips.

Aversions:
Beef, and most sugary foods. Except chocolate. :D

Symptoms:
  Fatigue is the biggest issue right now. And I think most of that comes from just trying to keep up with an 18 month old. And some random nausea.
Nausea was pretty intense in the first trimester. It went completely away, and then suddenly appeared a few weeks ago.
Oh, and my sense of smell is ridiculous. I smell anything and everything, and most of it does bring nausea.
And Braxton hicks. I NEVER experienced them with Flynn. So this is new to me. Boy are those "fun" at times...
 
Missing:
Running, heavy weight lifting, coffee whenever I want, and sleeping on my stomach. Oh how I would LOVE to just sprawl out on my belly... :D
 
Movement:
Not as strong as the first time, due to an anterior placenta (placenta in the front of the uterus, instead of the back). I can only feel really strong movements, or when the baby if more to the side. I am told it can take until 24-26 weeks to feel movement as often as a normal placenta position.
 
Maternity Clothes:
Ya'll. I have been wearing maternity jeans and shorts from about 10 weeks on. Unlike how the first time I did not have to until almost 16 weeks. And for shirts, I recently switched to mostly maternity tees two weeks ago. Ya definitely pop more the second go around. 
 


Other Notes:
Just a little backstory from early on in the pregnancy. At 9 or 10 weeks, I started cramping pretty badly, but thought nothing of it. As I experienced cramping with Flynn fairly often in the first trimester.
But then I experienced some bleeding. I have never been more scared (not even with a cancer diagnosis) as I was with that.
An ultrasound revealed the baby was fine, and that I had a small subchorionic hemorrhage.
Basically when the placenta was attaching to the uterus, it either attached too hard and pulled and made a slight tear, or it detached a bit at some. But praise the LORD, it was a very small one, and after that initial bleeding, I had only a little bit of spotting after that. And it has healed up at this point! 
 
 
Are you an expecting mama? Have you had more than one baby, and if so, how did your pregnancies vary?
 
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel 

1 comment :

  1. Such happy news!
    May God bless your litlle family!
    Your life story is inspiring!

    Sara Santos.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)