SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Interrupting Anxiety With Gratitude


Confession time folks.

I struggle with anxiety.

You know. Fear. Worry. Not trusting in GOD's goodness as I should. Mentally draining, turbulent emotions at any given moment.

Yes. I struggle with it every single day.

But I came across this quote recently. It is a very simple one. But oh so powerful.

"Interrupt anxiety with gratitude"

Instead of giving into the anxiety that has clouded my day way too often lately, I am going to interrupt it, and show gratitude.

Gratitude for a baby that took 2 separate 2 hour naps. Cause that is a downright miracle...


Gratitude for seeing how excited and happy my baby is when daddy comes home from work.


 Gratitude for being able to wear my baby in a sling. He had hated it for awhile there, but now gets excited about being snuggled in it.

Gratitude for a new kitchen rug. I am loving the soft squishy feel under my feet while washing dishes.

Gratitude for postpartum hair loss, despite how I dislike it. Because I know it could be so much worse (hello slick bald chemo head two years ago). And it is a reminder of a dream come true. I had a baby ya'll.


I feel gratitude for time spent with all my babies.




 And I feel so grateful to have been able to spend a little time and energy last week setting up a wee bit of fall décor outdoors.





 

Yes. There is so much to be grateful for and to feel calm and peaceful about.

Do you struggle with anxiety? What are some ways you deal with it? Are you feeling grateful for any simple things today?

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

P.S. The "Revive Our Hearts" blog posted about how to deal with panic attacks and anxiety recently. I highly encourage you to read it, if this is an area in which you struggle as well.

3 comments :

  1. Something that has helped me is a phrase I read in a story. "She was like the old lady who once said she had suffered so much, especially from the troubles that never came." Now I remind myself, I'm not going to suffer from this thing that has'nt even happened! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I love this phrase! I will definitely be adding that to my collection. Thanks so much for sharing. :D

      Delete
  2. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. Hangxiety

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)