SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Of Learing to Rest

 
Can you believe it? My baby took two naps today without hesitation!
 
That is an outright miracle folks.
 
Typically he only wants to nap in the morning for maybe an hour and a half. And then if he takes an afternoon nap, he usually screams in protest for 15 minutes and then only sleeps for about 30 minutes.
 
But today he slept 2 hours in the morning and has been asleep now for an hour and a half. :D
 
Typically during naptime I try and get as much house work as I can done. And that is what I did this morning.
 
I thought about trying to get some more deeper cleaning done for the afternoon nap.
 
But do you want to know what I did instead?
 
I listened to my exhausted mind and body and rested.
 
I brewed a cup of decaf coffee, grabbed the monitor, my camera, and headed outside to my new favorite sitting spot.
 
 
And I just listened to the wind and the birds in the trees.
 
I looked at the leaves all changing colors and just breathed deeply of mental and physical rest.
 


And I am so thankful I did.
 
 
As a new mom, I find it very hard to rest most days. To just sit and recover from the stress of day to day life. I can never seem to shut my brain off on what needs to be accomplished.
 
But I need to from time to time.
 
We all do for that fact.
 
 
Rest is a very good thing.
 
"There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither."
Alan Cohen
 
How about you? Do you find it difficult to make time for rest? What simple act of rest restores your mind and body?
 
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments :

  1. With my three under three, one of whom is six weeks old, I hear ya. I get almost zero rest time right now, so it's really just my showers and the one quiet moment I sometimes get before bed where I brew some tea and read the bible. That restores me enough to do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it can be difficult for me to stop everything I'm doing and rest. But I am trying to now have a little "rest" time with Jesus in the morning before I start doing everything. Reading the Bible and praying without any distractions and having alone time with just me and Jesus is very refreshing.

    Hope you have a great day!
    Love
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)