SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 23, 2017

Not In A Competition With Anyone Else


 
So, Flynn actually slept pretty good last night. We got him to bed around 8:30 pm, and he slept soundly until 5:30 am.
 
When he awoke at 5:30, Justin brought him to me, I nursed him, Justin then changed him, and back to sleep he went until 8 am. 
 
Justin went ahead and got up to leave for work just a few minutes after Flynn was laid back down, and I decided to sprawl out and try to enjoy a big old empty bed. :D
 
Usually during the few hours before Flynn is up and ready for the day, I go back to sleep. But not today. For some reason all I could do was toss and turn about.
 
It was like as soon as I woke up, my brain went to thinking. Tossing and turning all manner of thoughts as I tossed and turned my body every which way to try and go back to sleep.
 
I started thinking about all the many things I wanted to accomplish today, and in the near future.
 
Like get my house spotless, lift weights, meal plan, grocery shop, try a new recipe, blog, read a book, research vlogging, finish painting our dining room chairs, and the list goes on and on.
 
I guess it all comes from how I feel as if I NEVER accomplish ANYTHING these days. At least anything that can be seen.
 
Because yes I get my house clean. But that usually is only seen for about 5 minutes...
 
And yes I cook and meal plan. But that has to be done every week.
 
Many of the things I do accomplish everyday, have no visible end products to show off.
 
So, I decided to get on up, and get my day going early.
 
I walked into my kitchen, started heating up my breakfast sausage, and my cup of cold brewed coffee. I then took my meal into the living room and sat down in in my favorite corner.
 
I grabbed my phone and went through my usual mindless morning scroll through Facebook and Instagram.
 
But one Instagram post stopped me dead in my tracks. It was a quote I needed to read today. 
 
"You need to ignore what everyone else is doing and achieving. Your life is about breaking your own limits and outgrowing yourself to live YOUR best life. You are not in a competition with anyone else; plan to outdo your past, not other people."
 

GOD put that post in my day to stop me from feeling sorry for myself, before I inevitably began to feel sorry for not being able to do all I wanted in a day.
 
This morning was one of only many moments I have of wanting to do so much more lately. To try and show others that I can do as much as them, if not more.
 
But I am not every one else. I cannot accomplish as much in a day as some.
 
And that is okay.
 
 
 
With a very high needs baby, and my overall lack of energy and strength from my health, I can not accomplish my over ambitious to do list everyday.
 
GOD is showing me that so long as I am doing my best, and not being lazy, what I do accomplish in a day is enough.
 
Even if that is only keeping me, my hubby, and my baby clean and healthy.
 
I am not in a competition with anyone.
 
I do not have to meet anybody's expectations.
 
My number one goal in this life I have been given is to seek and serve the LORD to the best of MY ability, with a joyful thankful heart.
 
That my friends is what we should all put at the top of our daily to do lists. :)
 
 
 
Do you ever feel like you are trying to compete with others in life? Or do you get discouraged when you feel you cannot keep up with your own expectations and goals? How is GOD showing you slow down and focus on HIM and what gifts HE has given you? 
 
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment :

  1. This was an encouragement to read, Mrs. Bishop. I know what it feels like to think you have to compete with someone else, but you really don't. Thank you for the refreshing reminder!

    Much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)