SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 27, 2017

Savoring These Precious Moments

 

There are two questions I get quite a bit, as I enter the last few weeks of pregnancy.

One, "How much longer?".

To which I answer, I do not know or soon, as I really do not know. I do not believe in due dates. A baby will come when they are good and ready, and I will not guess as to that time. (My motto with that, is "A baby is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to".)

Two, "Am I anxious or 'over' being pregnant yet?"

And that answer, to everyone's great surprise is no.

No, I am not "done" or "tired" of being pregnant.

No, I do not feel anxious.
 

I feel calm. And peaceful. And grateful.


Yes, I really miss boundless energy.

Yes, I miss being able to fit into any article of clothing in my closet.


Yes, I miss not having to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

Yes, I miss how rolling out of bed was not like being a bug stuck on its back and unable to figure out how in the world to turn over. ;)

And I REALLY, REALLY miss running and deadlifts. :)

And of course coffee whenever I feel like it.
 

But I would not change or rush these last days of my sweet babe being safe in my womb, for any comfort in this world.

As I wait for him to be brought earthside, I am savoring these moments the LORD has given me.

I have wanted to be pregnant for a long time. And to experience childbirth first hand.

Remembering that fact, why in the world then, would I want to rush an answered prayer?

I am savoring these days.

My GOD has heard my cry, and given me this child, and these moments of feeling him wiggling and stretching within. And I LOVE it.
 

Yes, I eagerly look forward to the day when I see his precious face, hold him close, and hear him cry for the first time.

But for now, I will savor these precious quiet moments, and praise the LORD for each stretch, kick, and bug stuck on its back moments. :D
 

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
 
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
 
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
 
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
 
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
 
 10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
 
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
 
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
 
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:4-13
 
What stage of life are you in right now? Do you feel content, or the need to rush it along?
 
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

10 comments :

  1. Oh the nursery is just precious! I had been watching for an update! This is such an exciting time for you! Can't wait to hear when that little guy makes his appearance!!

    Right now....I just feel tired. A six year old and a puppy = not enough sleep. :) :)

    Blessings!!!! Kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi! I can't wait to share him! Hope you get some rest soon! :)

      Delete
  2. You look stunning! Enjoy these last few weeks with your little guy inside :) savor the quiet moments with your husband! I think one of the strangest experiences was holding my newborn son and looking down at my belly and thinking, oh my goodness! You were just inside me and now you're out?! It's incredible.

    If you're looking for an interesting and encouraging read to pass these last few weeks I highly recommend Redeeming Childbirth by Angie Tolpin.

    Love his nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Angel. I would have given anything for a normal, long pregnancy and (rant ahead -- warning! ;) I really struggle when others complain about their long pregnancies or wish for the baby to arrive sooner; a baby needs as much time as they can get in our wombs and that time should be cherished. But then again, that's the opinion of someone who had trouble keeping her baby from day one so I have a unique perspective.

    So, I am BLESSED by your welcoming attitude toward pregnancy. I am thankful for the peace and joy and contentment our Lord has sent your way. I know that there are many discomforts to pregnancy but bless you for seeing the joys of it!!

    Also, I LOVE your nursery!!! It is ADORABLE, sweet, warm, bright, and welcoming!!! So lovely!!!


    Love and blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I let out an amen with you when you said you struggle with hearing pregnant women complain about their discomforts. (WARNING, RANT AHEAD...) It has always been one of my pet peeves. Especially in the days I wanted to be pregnant, but was not. And then how it felt being told I may never get to experience it. I understand now how uncomfortable pregnancy can be, but also what a sacred gift this time is. It just doesn't happen to everyone. And some would give anything for those aches and discomforts. To me, it is just plain selfish and inconsiderate and wrong to share nothing but negativity on such a blessed gift. And quite frankly, I would love to have the boldness to express those thougets and much more to some of the women I know of lately who did nothing but complain on social media about feeling large, and being a few days past their due date. But maybe, like you, I have a different perspective because of my experience. And perhaps the LORD let me go through what I did to be more thankful for this gift, and maybe one day share with others another line of thought. :)

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts dear friend! You are a blessing!

      Delete
  4. A Reader from EuropeJanuary 29, 2017 at 2:14 PM

    Dear Angel,
    I don't know you, but I have been following your blog for over a year now. I was sad when you wrote that you had been diagnosed with cancer and I was so happy for you when you announced your pregnancy! It's nice to read that you're fine and content! I wish you all the best for a save delivery and a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, and the well wishes! Praying that you receive a blessing! :)

      Delete
  5. Dearest Angel...I saw your lovely new post in my blog reader early Saturday morning and oh! How I wanted to stop by and visit for awhile but alas! To market I had to go...♥ When I got home, I realised our bandwidth for the month was finished so I could only read now! It seems I have not missed any baby announcement, though! {{smiles}} I am just so delighted for you...I can hardly put my joy into words! The Lord is truly good and I praise Him for the life He has seen fit to place within you... Oh, all the glory to His mighty name!

    You look fabulous...you are a beautiful and radiant pregnant momma and I know you are going to enjoy every moment with your precious baby boy when he arrives! What an adorable nursery you have created for your little one...how thrilling to think how soon he'll be sleeping in his cot! {{smiles}}

    It is wonderful that God has given you such peace throughout your pregnancy and that you are content with the season you are in...
    The beginning of this year there were moments when I fretted about where God has placed me...but the Lord has brought such comfort to my heart and a renewed joy for serving Him through serving my family. I know in time He will bring something else along my path, should He see fit... How good to know we can trust Him!

    Thinking of you as you approach the birth of your son, dear Angel...you are in my prayers and I look forward to seeing an announcement post in the not-too-distant future!
    With ever so much love to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you for all the sweet words Kelly Anne! And praise the LORD for how HE has worked in your heart this year, in trusting HIM and for joy in your heart. :)

      Delete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)