SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 12 Weeks



I hope you dear readers don't mind, but I hope to share in the joy of pregnancy with some ocassional updates here. I have always loved reading these, and seeing the contrast and similarities of each pregnancy. It always amazes me to see how awesome GOD created the female body to change and grow a precious new soul. :)
How far along: 12 weeks and some days.
Baby is now the size of: A plum
Total weight gain: I have stopped keeping track (except for midwife appointments), as I can get obsessive over it. But, at the beginning, I lost 3 pounds, as I had NO appetite. But at my last check, I gained two back.
Sleep: I get about 10 hours each night. I am starting to not feel the dire need for an afternoon nap, so YIPEE for returning energy!
Exercise: A little bit of everything. I walk 1 hour, 3 days a week, lift weights (light weights, ya'll...) 2 days a week, and I try to squeeze in some yoga several days as well.
Mood: Depends. Generally I feel happy and content. But, I seem to get angered too easily. Trying hard to control that, but little things set me off at random moments... 
Sickness: Nauseousness has been minimal, praise the LORD! I can go a bit longer between meals, and don't feel as if I am going to lose it if I get hungry.
Missing: COFFEE.  And lifting heavier weights.
Maternity clothes: I broke down, and bought these capris yesterday. I feel like I am getting so big so fast! I have been trying the hairband trick for when I wear my tighter fitting pants, for the past two weeks, but just never felt completely comfortable. I am loving the breathing room these pants offer.
Looking forward to: An upcoming camping trip. :D
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

12 comments :

  1. Oh Angel...my heart is SO glad for you! Praise the Lord for His goodness...I continue to pray for your health and for the safety and health of this precious little blessing! How exciting to think of becoming a MOM! Oh, what JOY! You take care of yourself and enjoy this wonderful time...and can I just say that you look amazing?? Pregancy looks good on you!! And congrats on 12 weeks...it feels like just the other day my mom was at that same stage and now baby Caleb is alreaady three months old! Time goes by so quickly...soon you'll be cuddling your little boy/girl close! {{smiles}}
    Sending love your way!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Tank-you Kelly Anne! It is so exciting to think about, and almost unreal! :D Time truly does go by quickly. :D

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful! I am so so so happy for you! What a blessing! And I totally know the feeling of "panic hunger". I am always happy when that stage passes, although now I am at the "panic thirst" stage, which is just as freaky sometimes. You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Amy! The panic hunger has been so strange, and unexpected! :D

      Delete
  3. Hope we don't mind??? I have been dying for an update!!! I can see a bit of baby bump in your photo and that is *SO EXCITING!!!* You look so happy and fresh and pretty! <3

    I'm glad you're feeling pretty well and regaining some of your energy, and overall I'm just so happy that the role that you've studied and prepared for all these years - way back when you were single, do you remember? - is finally coming true!!

    Blessings and aunty hugs to you and Justin! Enjoy your trip and be safe, dear friend!!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Aunty Vicki! You are too sweet! :D I just feel so blessed and overwhelmed at times that GOD is allowing this long time dream to come true! I was telling my mom the other day how my midwife said I need to start a birth plan. She laughed and said "did you tell her you had that mapped out not long after high school?" :D

      Delete
  4. For the end of my second trimester I loved my belly band to help extend the life of my non maternity pants and skirts! It's a tricky season where you aren't quite big enough for maternity clothes, but are too big for your regular clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh... It is such a tricky season. And I am somewhere between looking prego and looking like I need to run more... :P I have been looking into belly bands, and even making a few as I have quite a bit of knit fabric in my stash. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh Angel, I too have been waiting for an update. I love your bump! Such an exciting time for you! It's so wonderful that you are not experiencing to much nausea and that you're able to keep up with exercising! Please continue to keep us updated! This is such a fun season for you, were love being a part of it!!! Can't wait to see more updates. Sincerely, Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jordan! Thank-you for your sweet words and encouragement. It is a blessing to know I have friends to share this with. :)

      Delete
  6. So cute!!

    Christina
    www.ourwoodhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)