SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 15, 2017

Celebrating the End of One Chapter, and the Beginning of Another

Flynn's "Why on earth are we taking selfies at 7am" face...

On this day two year ago, I completed 3 cycles of BEP chemo for a stage 1a, grade 3 immature teratoma (ovarian cancer).

Words can never convey how happy I was to be done with that chapter of my life. I had been through almost 3 months of the worst nausea, fatigue, and fear of the future you can imagine.

So of course, a celebration was in order for getting through it, right?

I remember that last day, and the same chemo nurse who had been there to administer the drugs to me that terrifying first day, asking me and Justin how we were going to celebrate.

Up to that point we had not talked of celebrating. We were in survival mode. As I knew I would still be sick for quite a while after that last day.

But I began to think about it. And after the nurse walked away, a place popped into my head. Bryson City, NC. The same town and cabin we had stayed at during our honey moon 2 years prior.

I told Justin about it, and said, I wanna go back.

And he said we would.

It took us almost 2 years later. And to be honest, it was a complete surprise when Justin came to me in July this year and asked if I wanted to know what my birthday present was. And then proceeded to tell me we were FINALLY going back to Bryson City. To stay in that little cabin called Acorn Bend.


And what a beautiful stay it was...



I could not help but think of how much has changed and how much has happened in our lives since that stay in April of 2013.


 The week we started our marriage.



We had gone through SOOO... much in those four years. Adjusting to marriage, a cancer battle, problems with depression, having a baby, and just LIFE.


Fontana Dam

Fontana Lake


It was the perfect way to not only celebrate the end of one chapter, but to rejoice in the beginning of another.


 








"May I never forget the good things HE has done for me."
Psalm 103:2
 

Have there been any exciting celebrations of the LORD's good work in your life? Whether they be a big bowl of ice cream or maybe a trip?
 
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

4 comments :

  1. Dear Angel,
    Praise the Lord!!! He has brought you through so much, and He is good! Your darling baby is just adorable! And the vacation house is so pretty, as well as all the pictures you shared. I would love to visit there someday. God has been working in my life, but our family never has any celebrations because of it. I think that is a good idea though. Oh, I could go for a big bowl of ice cream right now. That and a good book. :)

    Well, I hope you have fun on your vacation.

    Love
    Ashley
    ashleysyarnworks.etsy.com
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley! I am so thankful you dropped by! GOD is so good. Ice cream and a book sounds like a wonderful celebration for the LORDs work in your life! I pray you get to do that VERY soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Angel...

    I rejoice with you... Your little Flynn is such a testimony to God's incredible goodness and grace! You have certainly come through so much and how wonderful to celebrate with a delightful trip away... What a beautiful place - I can understand why you wanted to go back... I so enjoyed your photographs... And little Flynn made me smile! What a precious baby boy! I think of you so often, Angel... I am glad to hear you are doing well...
    Blessings and love...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly Anne! Flynn is a wonderful testimony of GOD's goodness and grace. :D

      Delete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)